The Fee Stabilization Funding is being funded by the Government of Ontario.
You will find a link to the Application for Fee Stabilization Funding at the bottom of this page.
On January 1, 2018 that Ontario legislature has passed the Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017. With these legislature changes, the Ministry of Education recognizes that increasing operating pressures may lead to increased child care fees and has provided funding to Consolidated Municipal Service Managers (CMSMs) and District Social Services Administration Boards (DSSABs) to support licensed child care operators with employees currently earning less than $14.00 (excluding Wage Enhancement), as of December 31, 2017.
The objective of the Fee Stabilization Support funding is to increase wages and stabilize licensed child care fees in Ontario.
To apply for the funding, operators must complete the Fee Stabilization Support Request form and return it to the District of Nipissing Social Services
Administration Board (DNSSAB), Children’s Services Department.
- All licensed child care centres and home child care agencies that opened before July1, 2018 are eligible to receive the Fee Stabilization Support funding,
regardless of auspice, participation in municipal quality initiatives, or current purchase of service status with their local CMSM or DSSAB. Funding received
may be retroactive to January 1, 2018.
- Funding must be used to increase the hourly wages of employees in licensed centres, including home child care agencies, earning less than $14 per hour
(excluding Wage Enhancement Funding), as of December 31, 2017. According to Ministry guidelines, Fee Stabilization Support funding may not be used
to support wages above $14 per hour in 2018.
- Operators must complete the Fee Stabilization Support funding form in its entirety, providing required staffing and fee information. Operators that demonstrate
that they employed staff earning less than $14.00 per hour effective December 31, 2017 and avoided a percentage change in child care fee increases
in 2018,as compared to December 31, 2017 will be eligible for funding.
Centre A’s child care fees as of December 31, 2017 are $50/day. On January 1, 2018 child care fees would have increased to $55/day (or 10%), but as
a result of Fee Stabilization Support funding, child care fees increased to $51/day (or 2%).Therefore the fee avoidance is 8%.
- The Ministry of Education has currently provided CMSMs/DSSABs with a funding allocation for the first quarter of this year. As such, service agreements
and funding allocations will reflect the allocation currently provided to the District of Nipissing Social Services Administration Board (DNSSAB) by the Ministry of
Education. If additional funding is provided to DNSSAB by the Ministry of Education, funding allocations may be amended and additional funding opportunities
will be made available.
- Please note: Applications will be reviewed and allocations will be calculated based on available funding. Operators will need to fill out the request form on a monthly
basis and meet the requirements of the Fee Stabilization Funding agreement. In addition, Operators must have an executed Fee Stabilization agreement in place
to receive the funding.
If you have any questions related to your request, please contact:
Kelli Couroux, SupervisorChildren’s Services
Telephone: (705) 474-2151 ext. 3144
Lynn Démoré-Pitre, Director Children’s Services
Telephone: (705) 474-2151 ext. 3155
Fee Stabilization Funding Request Form
Fee stabilization funding requests must be submitted no later than the 15th of the following month.
Requests for January must be submitted to DNSSAB by February 15th
Requests for February must be submitted to DNSSAB by March 15th
Requests for March must be submitted to DNSSAB by April 15th