The Homeownership Program provides down payment assistance to eligible households through federal/provincial funding. This assistance is in the form of a 20 year forgivable loan.
Eligible households must meet a list of criteria including the following:
- Must be a renter household.
- Cannot currently own a home or have interest in a residence/land.
- Must be a current resident of the District of Nipissing
Eligible homes must meet a list of criteria including the following:
- May be detached, semi-detached, condominiums, stacked homes or row/town houses.
- Must be located in the district of Nipissing.
The loan is 10% of the purchase price of a home. If the home remains your sole and principle residence, the loan is fully forgiven after 20 years and there is no requirement for repayment.
For more information and to be added to our waiting list, please send us a message or call: