Below is a list of housing legislation for your reference.
Provincial Housing Legislation
Housing Services Act
The purpose of the Housing Services Act is to provide community-based planning and delivery of housing and homelessness services with general provincial oversight and policy direction, and
to provide flexibility for service managers and housing providers while retaining requirements with respect to housing programs that predate this Act and housing projects that are subject to those programs.
View the Housing Services Act, 2011
Housing Services Act (HSA) Regulations
- Designated housing projects – Section 68 of the Act (view O. Reg. 368/11)
- Determination of geared-to-income rent – Section 50 of the Act (view O. Reg. 298/01)
- General (view O. Reg. 367/11)
- High needs households and household income limits – Section 40 of the Act (view O. Reg. 370/11)
- Subsidies for part VII housing projects (view O. Reg. 369/11)
Residential Tenancies Act
The Residential Tenancies Act (RTA 2006) is the law that governs landlord and tenant relations in residential rental accommodations.
View the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006
Federal Housing Legislation
National Housing Act
The National Housing Act is intended to promote the construction of new houses, the repair and modernization of existing houses, and the improvement of housing and living conditions.
View the National Housing Act, R.S.C, 1985