Direct Bank Deposit
Cheque not in the mail? Direct Bank Deposit is the solution.
When your Ontario Works payments are put directly into your bank account:
- Your money will be on time
- Your money can’t be lost or stolen
- You won’t require ID to get your money
Set up Direct Bank Deposit
- Create a void cheque or get a Direct Deposit form completed by your bank.
- Complete our Direct Deposit Request form (below). You can also pick one up on the main floor of City Hall or speak with your caseworker.
- Submit both documents to your Case Manager
Soon, all Federal Government cheques, such as child tax benefit, tax refund, GST and EI will ONLY be deposited into a bank account.
Sign up now and don’t miss a payment!
- If you are having difficulty determining which numbers on your cheque refer to your bank account, bank branch, bank number, etc., please refer to this guide.
- If you have a smart phone, take a photo of your cheque and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and request assistance to set up a Direct Bank Deposit on your account.